Platypus Technologies offers services in testing and characterization of thin films. Our capabilities include:
- Water contact angle measurements
- Optical microscopy and image analysis
- UV/Vis/NIR/IR spectroscopy
- Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy
- Cyclic voltammetry, amperometry, potentiometry
- Electrical testing (inductance, capacitance, resistance, sheet resistance)
Ellipsometry is an optical technique that uses polarized light to non-destructively measure the thickness and optical constants of thin films on glass or silicon. This method is ideal for semitransparent and transparent thin films.
We also offer a range of spectroscopy services that analyze the structure and composition of different structures. Ultraviolet-visible and infrared spectroscopy are used to determine the transmission and reflection of thin films at various photon energies (i.e. wavelengths).
Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) can be utilized to study the electrical interfacial properties of materials and thin films.
Our dedicated team of scientists and engineers has years of experience working with thin films, metals, metal oxides, polymers, biomolecules and nanostructured surfaces. Contact us today to integrate our engineer’s expertise into your next R&D project!