We use only 99.999% pure gold and titanium in our coating process, and coat only those substrates that are stable under high vacuum. This eliminates concerns about contamination from previous coating runs.
- Sensors & Microarrays: Chromium-free gold films are the best option for preserving surface reactivity when you want to create self-assembled monolayers for sensor development and for attachment of bioactive probe molecules.
- Scanning Probe Microscopy: To minimize surface roughness, consider our ultra-flat template-stripped gold (reverse mounted) glass chips, available mounted on silicon or mica.
- Mirrors: for efficient reflection/total internal reflection systems in optical instruments
- Cell Culture: Our use of only pure metals in our coater avoids contamination with traces of other metals or chemicals that may be toxic to cultured cells. If you are having difficulty culturing cells on gold films made in coaters used by others, consider using the highest purity gold films from Platypus.
- Surface Plasmon Resonance: The Platypus coating process permits precise control of gold deposition rates and thus surface roughness. This ensures the highest level of control over the thickness and nanometer-scale flatness of gold films, for the best possible surface plasmon resonance responses. Call us for details on how we can help you optimize your SPR performance.
Platypus gold thin films are available worldwide, through Platypus Technologies in the US or through our extensive network of distributors. We stock:
- Glass slides and coverslips in standard sizes
- Silicon wafers and silicon chips
- Ultra-flat gold films reverse mounted on silicon and mica
Features of our coating process include:
- 99.999% Pure gold
- Plasma-cleaned surfaces
- Electron-beam deposited gold films
- Optional titanium adhesion layer
- Dedicated clean fabricaton environment
- Availability of ellipsometric measurements
Don’t see what you need? Contact us for custom gold coating projects on 1-866-296-4455 or .