We offer substrates for applications in Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), Electron Microscopy (SEM) and IR Spectroscopy.
Products for Microscopy and Spectroscopy:
Square chips of polished silicon. Also available: silicon chips coated with gold, platinum, or silica.
Individually packed wafers are convenient and ready to use.
Glass chips with patterned microwells. Ideal for cell capture, stabilization of liquid films, and more.
Gold coated glass for IR spectroscopy and SPR applications.
Atomically flat gold for AFM imaging and nanotechnology.
Fluid Cells for AFM imaging in liquids.
Microelectrode chips for biosensors, chemical sensors, MEMS, FETs and BioFETs. Custom electrodes upon request.
- Products are ready to use
- All products are conveniently packaged in small quantities
- Any product can be modified to fit your technical requirements
- We ship the same day you place an order*
- Bulk pricing available. Contact us for Special Pricing.
Selected Peer-Reviewed Papers:
Ultra Flat Gold:
- C. Ciano et al. “Phonon Polaritons in flakes of h-BN” Appl. Phys. Lett., 2018. LINK
- H. Wang et al. “Electron tunneling across plasmonic junctions” Phys. Chem., 2017. LINK
- K. Jimenez et al. “Electronic Conductance through DNA molecules” J. Phys. Chem. A, 2017. LINK
- M. Sajfutdinow et al. “Patterning of self assembled monolayer (SAM)” Nanoscale, 2017. LINK
Gold Coated Silicon:
- D. Shaffer et al. “Electrochemical Impedance of polyamide films” J. Mem.Sci. 2019. LINK
- X. Liu et al. “Two Photon Photochroism in Metasurface Perfect Absorbers” Nano Lett. 2018. LINK
- L. Slaughter et al. “Patterning monolayers via lithography” Beilstein J. Nano. 2017. LINK
- T. Galloway et al. “Nanoparticles for enhanced Raman spectroscopy” Faraday Diss. 2017. LINK
Gold Coated Glass:
- C. Jeong et al. “Surface plasmon resonance imaging of thin films” Int. J. Heat Mass T. 2018. LINK
- Y. Cheong et al. “Surface Enhanced Raman scattering of bacteria” Spectrochim. Acta A 2017. LINK
- E. Boder et al. “Immobilization of fluorescent proteins on surfaces” Biotech. Prog. 2017. LINK
- T. Hansen et al. “Biomaterial arrays identify distinct cell types” Biomater. Sci. 2014. LINK
Don’t see what you need? We can coat most metals (Ag, Ni, Ti, etc.) on to silicon or glass. Also, we can cut wafers and chips to any size (>5 mm). Contact us for custom products. In addition, we offer Services in Microscopy and Spectroscopy. Our capabilities include SEM Imaging and IR Spectroscopy. Learn More!
*Same day shipping is available for US customers only, for products that are in stock.
View Platypus’ Terms and Conditions.