Platypus Technologies, LLC develops, manufactures, and markets innovative products based on proprietary technologies employing advanced materials for applications in life and physical sciences. The company’s research and development is highly multidisciplinary, drawing on teamwork among experts in physics, chemistry, materials science, biology, and electrical engineering to create groundbreaking new products.
Product Development Chemist/Engineer
The Product Development Chemist / Engineer will be a major contributor to the design, development, and production of the company’s liquid crystal-based chemical sensors. The Chemist / Engineer will generate new product ideas, implement product development projects, and help bring projects to commercial readiness. The successful candidate will be a member of a multidisciplinary team of professionals and will have access to world-class scientific advisors.
- Play a key role developing chemical approaches to sensing diverse chemical targets using the company’s proprietary liquid crystal sensor technology.
- Apply expertise to the development and manufacture of new products.
- Lead the company’s federal grants and contracts program to support innovative product development for liquid crystal sensors.
- Other duties to be assigned as needed.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, physics, or materials science, OR B.S. in chemistry or chemical engineering with 5+ years of experience in Surface Science
- At least two years of experience in surface characterization and surface chemistry.
- Experience writing and editing research proposals
- Team player, with enthusiasm for working in multidisciplinary product development teams.
- Able to contribute to product development from concept to market readiness.
- Detailed-oriented and self-motivated.
How To Apply
Email resume and two (2) writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line PD2018.
Additional Applicant Contact
If you don’t see an opportunity that best fits your expertise, check out what we do, and if you think you could help us, please your resume for our review.