Fluid Cells are accessories for imaging of samples in liquid using Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM). Fluid Cells from Platypus Technologies are compatible with Ultra flat Gold, Glass Chips and Silicon Chips. Together, these products enable high-resolution, low-noise AFM imaging of samples submerged in liquid.
MiniFlex Fluid Cell
PDMS-based fluid cells attach to glass for easy and convenient AFM analysis. Cells are disposable to prevent contamination from sample to sample.
- Material: PDMS
- Dimensions: 1 in x 1 in
- Thickness: 2 mm
- Outer circle: 20 mm
- Inner circle: 16 mm
- Inner opening: 7 mm x 7 mm
MiniCube Fluid Cell
Durable (Teflon-based) fluid cells tolerate strong acids as well as organic solvents. Cells are reusable and easy to clean. Magnetic stage allows attachment to metal surfaces.
- Material: Teflon
- Dimensions: 1.5 in x 1.5 in
- Thickness: 10 mm
- Inner volume: 15 mm (dia.) x 1 mm (t.)
Applications: Use Fluid Cells to image macromolecules, single cells and cell organelles.
Compatibility: Platypus Technologies Fluid Cells are compatible with the most popular brands of AFM instruments.
Learn More about AFM Imaging in Liquids:
- C.A.J. Putman et al. “Tapping mode AFM in liquid” Appl. Phys. Lett. 64 (18). 1994. Link
- T. Fukuma et al. “Atomic resolution in liquid by AFM” Appl. Phys. Lett. 87. 2005. Link
- M. J. Doktycz et al. “AFM imaging of bacteria in liquid media” Ultramicroscopy 97(1-4), 2003. Link
Don’t see what you need? Contact us for custom projects at 608-237-1270 or Email us!
View Platypus’ Terms and Conditions.