Platypus Technologies LLC develops, manufactures and markets innovative products based on proprietary technologies employing advanced materials for applications in life and physical sciences. The company’s research and development is highly multidisciplinary, drawing on teamwork among experts in physics, chemistry, materials science and biology to create groundbreaking new products.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Thin Film Coatings Technician will be one of the company’s leading in-house resources in preparation and production of thin metal films used in liquid crystal-based chemical sensors currently under development. He or she will be primarily responsible for production of high quality metal-coated substrates, using the company’s e-beam evaporator, for internal and external customers, and for providing necessary support for those products.
- Operate vacuum chamber (e-beam evaporation) to deposit metal thin film coatings
- Document operational parameters of equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks
- Clean and maintain coating system and other equipment
- Produce, characterize, and support thin film-based substrate products for internal and external customers.
- Assess customers’ needs for thin film deposition and provide technical support.
- Excellent communication skills in compositional and conversational English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Eager to learn new skills
- Follow and execute detailed written procedures
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- High school diploma or equivalent
- US Citizen or permanent resident
How to Apply:
Posted: March 19, 2020
If you don’t see an opportunity that best fits your expertise, check out what we do, and if you think you could help us please email your resume for our review.