Thin Film Coatings Engineer
Through Surface Science, we aim to enable new Discoveries for making the World healthier and safer.
The team at Platypus Technologies is highly multidisciplinary, drawing on our expertise in coatings, nanotechnology, electrochemistry and sensors to create innovative products and services.
Join us and help us create solutions to advance the efforts of the global scientific community.
The Thin Film Coatings Engineer is the company’s leader in preparation and production of thin dielectric films. They will be primarily responsible for production of high quality thin-film coatings on a variety of substrates using e-beam evaporation. Applications include anti-reflective coatings, dielectric mirrors, sensors and laser optics.
- Operate vacuum chambers (e-beam evaporation system) to deposit dielectric thin film coatings.
- Document operational parameters of equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks.
- Clean and maintain coating system and ancillary equipment.
- Degree in engineering, physics or related discipline.
- Experience with vacuum systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical systems
How to Apply:
Email your resume to with the subject TFP2022. In the cover letter, please note the type of mechanical/electrical systems that you have experience troubleshooting and repairing.
Posted: October 5, 2022;
If you don’t see an opportunity that best fits your expertise, check out what we do, and if you think you could help us please email your resume for our review.