Through Surface Science, we enable new Discoveries for making the World healthier and safer. The team at Platypus Technologies is highly multidisciplinary, drawing on expertise in coatings, cell culture, nanotechnology, electro-chemistry and sensors to create innovative products and services. Join us and help us create solutions to advance the efforts of the global scientific community.
The Surface Fabrication Engineer will lead the design, development, and production of the microfabricated surfaces using techniques in photolithography, wet/dry etching, surface functionalization, spray coating and other techniques in surface fabrication.
- Fulfill customer requests for services and products.
- Fabricate patterned surfaces through photolithography, wet/dry etching, surface functionalization, spray coating and other techniques in surface fabrication.
- Develop and validate quality control procedures.
- Develop and maintain standard operating protocols.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance as needed.
- BS or MS in chemical engineering, chemical physics, materials science, electrical engineering, chemistry or related discipline
- At least two years of experience in photolithography or microfabrication.
- Familiarity working in a cleanroom environment
- Familiarity with Design of Experiments (DOE) methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding creativity and problem-solving skills
- Detailed-oriented and self-motivated
How To Apply
If you don’t see an opportunity that best fits your expertise, check out what we do and email your resume for review.