Through Surface Science, we aim to enable new Discoveries for making the World healthier and safer.
The team at Platypus Technologies is highly multidisciplinary, drawing on our expertise in coatings, cell culture, nanotechnology, electrochemistry and sensors to create innovative products and services.
Join us and help us create solutions to advance the efforts of the global scientific community.
The Product Development Scientist will manage research and development projects and bring products to market. The successful candidate will be a member of a multidisciplinary team of professionals and will have access to world-class scientific advisors.
- Advance the company’s liquid crystal technology to create chemical sensors for the market of industrial hygiene.
- Implement product development projects to bring technology to commercial readiness.
- Design and conduct experiments on materials testing for sensor applications
- Carefully document and interpret experimental results
- Execute successfully project goals for development of new products
- Identify new opportunities that align with company’s skills and market position.
- Secure funding, through contracts, collaborations or federal grants, to develop new technologies.
- MS or PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, materials science, or related discipline
- At least three years of experience in surface chemistry, surface functionalization, nanofabrication, or gas detection
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding creativity and problem-solving skills
- Well-rounded understanding of chemical reactions, thermodynamics, kinetics, surface chemistry and interfacial phenomena
- Project management experience
- Detailed-oriented and self-motivated
How To Apply
If you don’t see an opportunity that best fits your expertise, check out what we do and email your resume for review.