Our vision is to empower fellow Scientists in solving the Grand Challenges of Humanity. Through Surface Science, we aim to enable new Discoveries for making the World healthier and safer.
The team at Platypus Technologies is highly multidisciplinary, drawing on our expertise in coatings, cell culture, nanotechnology, electrochemistry and sensors to create innovative products and services.
Join us and help us create solutions to advance the efforts of the global scientific community.
The Product Development Chemist / Engineer will lead the design, development, and production of the company’s liquid crystal-based chemical sensors, sold under the brand Nematic Technologies (see: nematictech.com). The Product Development Chemist / Engineer manage research and development projects and bring products to market. The successful candidate will be a member of a multidisciplinary team of professionals and will have access to world-class scientific advisors.
- Play a key role developing chemical approaches to sensing diverse chemical targets using the company’s proprietary liquid crystal sensor technology.
- Apply expertise to the development and manufacture of new products.
- Identify new opportunities that align with company’s skills and market position.
- Lead the company’s federal grants and contracts program to support innovative product development for liquid crystal sensors and other surface science products.
- PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics or materials science.
- At least three years of experience in surface chemistry, preferably involving liquid crystals, gas sensing and materials-related technology development.
- Experience writing and editing research proposals
- Well-rounded understanding of chemical reactions, thermodynamics, kinetics, surface and interfacial phenomena
- Project management experience.
- Detailed-oriented and self-motivated.
How To Apply
Posted: March 26, 2020; Updated April 29, 2020
If you don’t see an opportunity that best fits your expertise, check out what we do and email your resume for review.