Platypus Technologies LLC develops, manufactures and markets innovative products based on proprietary technologies employing advanced materials for applications in life and physical sciences. The company’s research and development is highly multidisciplinary, drawing on teamwork among experts in physics, chemistry, materials science and biology to create groundbreaking new products.
The Product Development Chemist / Engineer will be a major contributor to the design, development, and production of the company’s liquid crystal-based chemical sensors, sold under the brand Nematic Technologies (see: nematictech.com). The Product Development Chemist / Engineer implement product development projects and bring products to market. The successful candidate will be a member of a multidisciplinary team of professionals and will have access to world-class scientific advisors.
- Play a key role developing chemical approaches to sensing diverse chemical targets using the company’s proprietary liquid crystal sensor technology.
- Apply expertise to the development and manufacture of new products.
- Lead the company’s federal grants and contracts program to support innovative product development for liquid crystal sensors.
- Other duties to be assigned as needed.
- PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics or materials science.
- At least two years of experience in surface chemistry, preferably involving liquid crystals, gas sensing and materials-related technology development.
- Experience writing and editing research proposals
- Experience in chemical synthesis, characterization and separations
- Well-rounded understanding of chemical reactions, thermodynamics, kinetics, surface and interfacial phenomena
- Able to secure SBIR grants and manage SBIR-funded projects
- Detailed-oriented and self-motivated.
How To Apply
Posted: March 26, 2020
Additional Applicant Contact
If you don’t see an opportunity that best fits your expertise, check out what we do, and if you think you could help us, please email your resume for our review.