Our vision is to empower fellow Scientists in solving the Grand Challenges of Humanity. Through Surface Science, we aim to enable new Discoveries for making the World healthier and safer.
The team at Platypus Technologies is highly multidisciplinary, drawing on our expertise in coatings, cell culture, nanotechnology, electrochemistry and sensors to create innovative products and services.
Join us and help us create solutions to advance the efforts of the global scientific community.
Working alongside the team at Platypus Technologies, the PhD Intern will receive exposure to many aspects of product and business development. Specifically, the PhD Intern will (1) contribute to the development of new products and services, (2) develop and implement operating procedures for manufacturing or service, (3) assess market opportunities new product ideas, and (4) make technology and business recommendations. Through this position, the PhD intern will gain experience in process and product development, project management, business communications, market analysis, and product opportunity assessment.
This is a full-time, paid position lasting 3 – 6 months (depending on the project). The start and end dates for the position are flexible.
- Play a key role developing chemical approaches to sensing diverse chemical targets using the company’s proprietary liquid crystal sensor technology.
- Apply expertise to the development and manufacture of new products.
- Identify new opportunities that align with company’s skills and market positions.
- Must be pursuing a PhD with emphasis in surface modification
- At least two years of experience in surface chemistry, preferably involving surface modifications, self-assembled monolayers, and liquid or gas sensors.
- Experience writing and editing manuscripts and/or research proposals
- Well-rounded understanding of chemical reactions, thermodynamics, kinetics, and interfacial phenomena
- Detailed-oriented and self-motivated.
How To Apply
Posted: April 29, 2020
If you don’t see an opportunity that best fits your expertise, check out what we do and email your resume for review.